Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A trip down memory lane with Fisher Price - Little People 50th Birthday Play & Go Farm

When I came across this image of the 50th Birthday edition of the Fisher Price Farm house, I took a nostalgic trip down memory lane. Who doesn't remember this toy? My sister and I played with ours all the time until we were about 10 years old - no Nintendo or Wii back then! I remember loving to attach the trailer to the tracker and hooning around the lounge room. Or bridling up the horse to the trailer to drag the dog around. I distinctly remember the soft nose of the sheep and how I chewed mine like a dummy - I even strangely recall the taste of that soft rubber. Weird huh? My sister and I would dip the cow and the horse heads into the troughs to feed and I can still hear the sound of the cows as you opened the farm house doors. We used to sit the chicken and rooster on the posts of the fences and I think someone even broke off my farmer's hat. I would love to get my hands on one of these sets for my girls - I recall many wonderful hours of fun and imagination with my 1970's version!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin