Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Heirloom Christening Dresses - a continuing trend

I was reading in the newspaper this week the lovely story behind the christening dress worn by Bert & Patti Newton's granddaughter Eva Eunice Welsh, baby daughter of Lauren Newton and her husband, Olympic swimming champion Matthew Welsh. The dress the three month old little princess was christened in was worn by her mummy 30 years ago and was sent in to Bert & Patti by a listener of their radio show back then. Patti loved the dress so much she dressed Lauren in it and now little Eva continues the tradition. I think this is a lovely story and wanted to share ours with you as well. Gigi was christened in the summer months wearing an embroidered christening gown made by me for my Year 10 major assignment when I was just 16 years old. I remember vividly embroidering the green and gold flowers wondering if my future baby boy or girl may wear this dress one day. It was a proud day to see little Gigi wearing it, I must say. Alternatively, baby Lulu was christened in the winter months and she wore a knitted christening gown that I wore as a baby and the dainty lace bonnet was given to me by my grandmother many years ago when we were going through some old fabrics and lace tablecloths and I fell in love with it. Needless to say my mum was chuffed on both occasions. Both my little girls' dresses were of sentimental value to me and I would say Patti & Lauren felt the same on little Eva's christening day

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin