Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bandaged Bear Day - Friday 27th March

Today is Bandaged Bear Day - raising funds for the Children's Hospital at Westmead in Sydney, Australia. Donations received from the sale of the cute Bandaged Bear merchandise helps to fund research into childhood illness, the purchase of high-tech equipment and the provision of extra services for sick or injured children and their families. Having Gigi admitted here with an illness at 4 months old, I can't express enough how great a facility this hospital is. Also, a few years ago, before I had my two princesses, I volunteered at Radio Bedrock, which is the kids radio station and adjoining games room, situated in the Children's Hospital at Westmead. It provided the sick children with an outlet to go and dance, play games, draw and generally just forget, if for only a little while, their pain and the reason why they were there. One little girl with cystic fibrosis looked forward to just having her nails painted every week. I must say, it was one of the most rewarding things I have done in my life, the children there are an inspiration to us all and the staff who care for them are amazing. This is a wonderful cause so please dig deep today to support this fantastic hospital

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin